Our Mexican Stuffed Peppers make for an easy, satisfying weeknight dinner!
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 5 red bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans-drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning (I use Epicure)
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1 c corn (I use frozen and don’t thaw-just throw it in)
- 1 c salsa (I add an extra 1/2 cup, just to make it more flavourful and juicy)
- 1 c shredded cheese
- Clean out bell peppers and bake for 20 minutes in a 350 °F oven.
- Brown ground meat. Add taco seasoning, onion, beans, rice and corn. Stir. Add salsa and cheese.
- Fill peppers with mixture and top with more cheese.
- Bake for 15 mins longer at 350°F.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheese if you like! Tastes great just out of the oven without any toppings, but sometimes you just want the extra! Tip: to keep peppers standing, you can put them in a muffin tin, as long as they aren’t too big. I fit them in a pan with sides and try to buy peppers that have a flat bottom.