Custom Home Spa Baths provide a wonderful retreat right in your home.
In December, there is just so much to do. The holidays require so much preparation: shopping, baking, planning, decorating, eating, visiting, Christmas concerts, school plays, writing Christmas cards, trimming the tree, the list goes on and on. It seems like we need a holiday from the holidays! So, for those of us who just cannot escape to an all-inclusive resort, why not bring the relaxation home to you?
In my attempt to keep life simple, I still find myself running around this time of year to get everything done and when I feel like I am almost under control, I realize I forgot something. But something we shouldn’t neglect, is time for us. While taking care of everyone else and making sure they have a wonderful Christmas, we have to find some time to take care of us. So, how about a spa day at home? Transform your bathroom into your very own spa!
Here are some things that I have found on the “must have” list for my own “12 Steps to Relaxation in the Holidays” for a spa experience in your own custom bathroom:
- Unplug – take some time away from the computer, the IPad, your phone, the TV, etc. The only thing I don’t recommend unplugging, is your ipod. In fact, make sure you plugin your iPod in your custom bathroom and listen to a selection of beautiful, soothing music.
- Take everything off – yes, clothes, jewelry and makeup. This is a great time to cleanse your face. Well, you might want to wait a bit to take off your clothes or maybe put on a bathrobe instead.
- Steam your face. Boil some water in a pot and lean over the pot with your face. Then apply a face mask.
- Run some warm water in the bath and add some bath salts. Epsom salt with a few drops of essential lavender oil is absolutely amazing. Epsom salt relieves stress, soothes sore muscles and softens the skin. It also claims to reduce wrinkles! Hmmm, maybe I need more Epsom salt! You can make a lovely skin exfoliant with 2 cups Epsom salt with ¼ cup petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and a few drops of lavender oil. Use this to scrub away dry skin on elbows, feet and knees!
- Put on a hair mask. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and then heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds and mix it again. If it isn’t warm enough, heat again. Get your hair completely wet, wring out excess and pour the mask a little bit at a time onto the ends of your hair, working your way up to the scalp. Wrap it in a damp, warm towel or shower cap and keep on about 30 minutes.
- Light candles, lots of candles! I turn off all my electric lights and enjoy only candlelight while in the bath. Line them around your tub, on the countertops, any flat surface will do! There is something so relaxing about the flickering of the flames. Everything slows down in your custom bathroom.
- Drink lots of water. Being dehydrated is common this time of year with the cold air outside and the dry heated air inside. Think spa and add slices of cucumber or lime or strawberries to your water to really get in the mood.
- Grab a book or a magazine and a cup of tea or glass of wine and a bath caddy to rest them on if you have one. You can also put some more candles on the caddy in your custom bathroom!
- Shut the door! This is strictly “You” time in your custom bathroom.
- Sink into the tub and count your blessings. Take this moment to be still-almost anything can wait for you to be recharged.
- Rinse out your hair mask, wash off your face mask and wrap yourself in a fluffy robe or comfy pajamas.
- Indulge in a manicure or pedicure with some fun nail polish colour!
And voila! You are recharged and ready to tackle more shopping, wrapping, baking, etc. tomorrow!
Build your custom bathroom!
When it’s time to give your bathroom a new look, why not try making it into your own custom bathroom spa retreat? Simply choose natural materials, such as bamboo, earthy tones or clean light colours that evoke a spa-like feeling. Keep in mind that a spa-like setting doesn’t include clutter and that’s where we can help! We have many design ideas to keep your custom bathroom organized and looking beautiful at the same time! We would love the opportunity to help you create the oasis in your home. Custom bathrooms are our business-it’s right there in our name! We welcome you to come down to visit our showroom and see some custom bathroom displays that might be just what you are looking for.
Happy Holidays from our home to yours!