Elite Kitchens & Bathrooms Frequently Asked Questions
We answer your custom cabinet questions
1) What are your custom kitchen and bathroom cabinets made of?
a) Standard cabinet components are made from 5/8” melamine, either white or hard rock maple(optional), offering virtually any door style you can imagine.
b) Plywood: a classically designed cabinet reflecting old world craftsmanship, using a prefinished5/8” natural birch plywood construction and full extension draw slides. Optional dovetail drawerboxes are also available for high-end installations.
2) What is your lead time?
a) Roughly 4 to 6 weeks from when you sign to when your cabinets are delivered.
3) Do you offer a warranty?
a) Yes. We warranty the doors 5 years, hardware lifetime (discretionary) , granite and quartz counter top 10 years and laminate 3 years.
4) Do you offer design services?
a) Yes. We offer free in home or at the showroom consultation services. We will discuss with youyour wish list and checklist for your space, offer suggestions or answer any questions you mayhave and lastly come up with a series of drawings and a quote for that drawing.
5) Do you sell countertops too?
a) Yes. We mainly offer laminate, granite, quartz, wood and solid surfaces such as Corian. If there isa specific countertop that you are looking for we can source out a supplier and price for you.
6) Where are your cabinets built?
a) Our cabinets are built right behind our showroom walls in our own workshop in Langley, BC. Everything we do, we do here.
7) Do you provide renovation services such as construction work, plumbing, electrical or tiling?
a) Yes, we have an experienced team who we work with to be able to finish your whole project from start to finish. We are extremely flexible to look after as little or as much of your renovation project as you feel comfortable.
8) Do you deliver and install the cabinets? If so, how much does it cost?
a) Yes. We will deliver and install our custom cabinets throughout Vancouver. The costs are dependent on the size and the location of the job.
9) Will you do supply only?
10) Do you remove and dispose of old cabinets?
a) Yes. Price is dependant of the size of job.
11) What is your most durable door material for cabinets?
a) High pressure laminate (same material laminate countertops are made of.)
12) How long has your company been in business?
a) Elite Kitchens and Bathrooms originated in 1990.
13) How long does an average kitchen take to be installed?
a) Once we begin installation, cabinets are typically completed within four to five days. Time frame depends on the size of the job.
14) Why do I have to get my appliance measurements before I can get my kitchen made?
a) Since all appliances are different in size, and your kitchen is designed to fit your specific appliances, we require measurements beforehand. This eliminates large or small spaces between the cabinets and the appliances once everything is in place.
15) What are the most common cabinet inserts?
a) Base spice pull-outs
b) Wall spice pull-outs
c) Lazy susans
d) Rollout garbage and recycling
e) Tip out sink Trays
f) Wine racks
16) What is your payment process for custom cabinets?
a) Our standard payment process is a 40%, 50% and 10% method. When you place your order for your kitchen, 40% deposit is required. This will confirm your job and allow for material purchases. Once the cabinets are made and are delivered, the second payment of 50% is required. The last 10% of the payment is paid when everything is installed and completed to your liking. We guarantee 100% satisfaction!