The kitchen is the centre of the home and one of the trickier rooms in the house to clean. You’ve got splatters, spills, crumbs, dust, stains, smoke, grease, and dirt to deal with. It is possible to design your kitchen in order to make cleaning easier. This blog contains powerful tips that you can use for your kitchen.
- Countertops: There is a lot of work done in the kitchen area. You will want a counter surface that is hard and easy to clean, like quartz, solid-surface like Corian, or stainless steel. Marble is great for rolling out dough, but it is porous and can stain. Stainless steel will add to a contemporary look. Surfaces that heat-resistant will be preferable.
- Backsplash: The backsplash takes the brunt of all your cooking efforts. Choose a backsplash that wipes down easily and will not provide rough surfaces where dirt can hide. Clean the backsplash as often as you do the counter, and pay special attention to grout lines. You can also use a solid surface material for a backsplash that has a minimum of seams.
- Flooring: Your kitchen is subject to multiple spills from washing and cooking. We recommend you to install a floor that is water-resistant and has few grout lines or if you have tile, then get a special finish on the grout to protect it.
- Cabinets: You can select to install flat-front cabinets, where you can damp your cloth to wipe the plain surface. If cabinet fronts and pulls are very detailed, then they are harder to keep clean. Keep that in mind when making your design choices.
- Sinks: When fixing a sink for your kitchen, install either an under-mount or integrated one. This gives you an easy time to wipe the countertop messes easily, and there will be no lip to collect dirt.
These are just a few tips that will make keeping your kitchen clean much easier. Kitchens and bathrooms are our business. We’re experts on them!
Elite Kitchens and Bathrooms, based in Langley, BC, is your source for everything custom cabinetry related. As the 2019 winner of the Vancouver Consumer Choice Award, they pride themselves on stellar customer service to match the quality of their cabinets.
If you have any questions about this article or would like to talk to us about cabinets, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.