The kitchen is the centre of the home and one of the trickier rooms in the house to clean. You’ve got splatters, spills, crumbs, dust, stains, smoke, grease, and dirt to deal with. There are some great ways to design your kitchen that will make cleaning easier. This blog contains powerful tips that you can use for your kitchen.
- Countertops: There is a lot of work done in the kitchen area. Materials that are easy to clean like quartz, marble, and stainless steel will be very durable and heat resistant.
- Backsplash: For homeowners who cook frequently, your selection of backsplash material should be easy to clean. Wipe off the backsplash frequently so stains don’t get into any grout. You can also use a solid surface material for a backsplash that has a minimum of seams.
- Flooring: Your kitchen is subject to multiple spills from washing and cooking. We recommend you to install a floor that is water-resistant and has few grout lines or if you have tile, then get a special finish on the grout to protect it.
- Cabinets: You can select to install flat-front cabinets, where you can damp your cloth to wipe the plain surface. The more detailed your cabinet fronts, the more difficult they are to clean. The same is true for door pulls.
- Sinks: When fixing a sink for your kitchen, install either an under-mount or integrated one. This gives you an easy time to wipe the countertop messes easily, and there will be no lip to collect dirt.
These are just a few tips that will make keeping your kitchen clean much easier. Kitchens and bathrooms are our business. We’re experts on them!
Elite Kitchens and Bathrooms, based in Langley, BC, is your source for everything custom cabinetry related. As the 2019 winner of the Vancouver Consumer Choice Award, they pride themselves on stellar customer service to match the quality of their cabinets.
If you have any questions about this article or would like to talk to us about cabinets, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.