Everyone loves a home makeover. If you’ve been thinking about re-doing rooms in your house, don’t forget your kitchen. It’s often the last place you think about when redecorating comes to mind, but there are so many inexpensive, subtle, and dazzling ways to give it that re-done wondrous look.
Kitchens are often thought of as the heart of the home, where family loves to gather to eat, sip wine, and have good conversations. If this is where you find yourself more often than not, then all you need are a few well-placed details and accessories to give your kitchen a mini makeover.
Here are a few tips to begin your art of accessorizing:
- What does your lighting say? In-cabinet, under-cabinet, or over cabinet lighting is so trendy now, as are smaller drop lights which you can adorn over sinks, islands or anywhere you like. Colorful little gems which make a room pop.
- Handles for drawers and cabinets. These come in a large array of styles, sizes and colors. You may find you can’t make up your mind with all you see. Match to your kitchen colors or be totally bold in your choices, it’s up to you.
- Range hoods. Once these all looked alike. Today, there is a range hood for every kitchen, big or small. Stylish never looked so good.
- This may be the perfect time to replace an old sink. There are so many beautiful varieties of kitchen sinks; double-sinks, singles, undermounts, or specialty sinks which look like no others. You’ll want to take advantage.
- Countertops now come in many different textures and styles. Look through the granite and quartz collections for some truly spectacular ideas. Just the colors alone will have you amazed.
There are so many ways to re-do a kitchen without ripping it out completely. It’s often in the littlest details that a room will take on a brand new look and feel.