This paleo lemon tart is a healthier way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Paleo Lemon Tart
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 c fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 c honey
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, use a spoon to mix together the almond flour, honey, coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of a tart pan. Use a fork to prick holes into the dough before baking for 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before adding the filling.
- Place all ingredients for the filling, except the coconut oil, into a small saucepan and whisk them together. Add the coconut oil to the saucepan before placing the pan on the stove over low heat.
- Whisk the mixture continuously while it’s over the heat. Once the coconut oil has melted, increase heat to medium. Continue to whisk the mixture until it has thickened. About 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the curd into a bowl. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP-straining will remove the zest and any pieces of egg that may have cooked.
- Allow the curd to cool for at least 15 minutes before pouring into the tart crust. Place the tart in the refrigerator for about an hour to cool and set. If the curd does not jiggle when moving the pan, it’s ready!
- Top with berries and whipped coconut milk just prior to serving. Store in the fridge.