These instant pot chicken taco bowls will be your go-to dinner for busy weeknights!
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- 4 uncooked boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1-2 packets taco seasoning (I use Victorian Epicure spices and you need about 1-2 Tbsp to be equivalent to each packet. We like ours a medium spice so I use 3 Tbsp in total)
- 1 475ml can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ c frozen corn
- 2 c salsa
- 2 c uncooked Jasmine rice (must be Jasmine rice!), rinsed
- 2 c water or chicken broth, divided
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
PLEASE READ YOUR INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS!
- Add one cup liquid to bottom of the pot.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of instant pot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Top with beans and corn. Then, pour salsa over everything.
- Add rice, then remaining liquid.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes, then use quick release to release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is fully released, remove lid carefully (facing away from you)
- Shred chicken using two forks. Serve immediately. Top with cheddar cheese, cilantro and sour cream. Enjoy!