JOB POSTING: Cabinetry Maker
JOB POSTING! Elite Kitchens & Bathrooms has been making and installing custom kitchen and bathroom cabinetry in the Greater Vancouver, BC since 1990! Driven by referrals from our many satisfied customers, we value integrity, teamwork and the highest quality of workmanship. We are looking for a career person to be a long term addition to our established team, and are currently recruiting for a key position within our organization:
Please note: We are looking for a career-oriented individual to become a long-term addition to our established team.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Read and interpret cabinetry drawings.
- Sort cabinet parts cut on the CNC router.
- Edge and drill cabinetry parts ready for assembly.
- Assemble cabinets and custom pieces such as posts, hoods, mantle etc.
- Assemble drawer units and other parts.
- Proven track record in millwork industry in all aspects of joinery.
- Proven leadership skills and experience in being a project leader or lead hand.
- Advanced knowledge of working with power and hand tools, table saws, band saws, sanders etc.
- Advanced knowledge of specialized cabinetry construction techniques
- Exceptional English speaking and business communication skills.
- Hold a valid BC driver’s license (Class 5).
- First Aid training is desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with fellow team members, management and clients.
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a busy work load while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Work well under pressure and problem solve effectively.
- Ability to read shop drawings and/or blueprints.
- High attention to detail and willingness to continuous improvement and learning.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The job description above is intended to be an overall description of the general nature and level of work applicable for this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required.
Please note: Do NOT apply if you do not hold a current Canadian work permit or visa. Out of country applicants will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm)
- Langley, BC
- High school or equivalent
- Cabinetry making: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Class 5 Driver’s License (with clean driving record)
- Hourly wage based upon experience