The perfect family meal for those busy weeknights!
One Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce (Adapted from Little Spice Jar)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley (basil is also a nice alternative!)
- Cut chicken breasts into ½” thickness. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken.
- In a bowl, combine chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in large, oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Don’t worry if chicken isn’t fully cooked as it continues to cook in the oven. Remove chicken to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion and the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Let sauce reduce for about 8-10 minutes or until about 1/3 cup of the sauce remains.
- When sauce has thickened, remove from the flame and add the butter and whisk until it melts completely. With the skillet off the flame, add the cream, whisk to combine. Place the skillet back over the flame for 30 seconds — DO NOT allow the sauce to boil. Remove from heat, add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Place the skillet in the oven for 8 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Top with chopped parsley or basil and serve warm over rice with additional lemon slices.